- Visit the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, that provides an ideal start when learning about some Egyptian artifacts of antiquity.
- Cairo in particular offers a wide variety of coffee shops. In fact, going to one is a great way to get acquainted with some of the locals.
- Check out the Cairo Tower. Why wouldn’t you want to eat dinner on the top of the tallest structure in Egypt?
- Enjoy the nightlife. Egypt has integrated popular current western music surprisingly well into its clubs and bars. After enjoying some Trance, you’re liable to hear a few Arabic tunes as well.
- Go to the Haram District that offers a great variety of outdoor adventures such as horseback rides and tours.
- Take a tour through the Nile River. Going to Eastern Africa, without at least seeing the longest river in the world, the Nile, would be nothing short of missing out.
- Drink bottled water. Egyptian tap water is not recommended for regular daily consumption.
- Tourism offices can be the source of plenty of information for inquiring travelers.
- Capital: Cairo
- Population: 102 million
- Area: 1.01 million km²
- Currency: Egyptian pound (EGP) ($1 = EGP 19 +-)
- Country Code: +20
- Time Zone: UTC +2:00
- Language : Arabic
- High Season: October to February
- Good Season: September to May